Brother MFC-J615W is a printer that comes with a set of good features for a moderately priced MFP. An ADF and fax capabilities give it a few home-office chops, while it offers photo-centric features which give it some appeal as a home/office printer. It is always interesting to know further about this printer. The review is provided below.
This printer comes with a matter-black finish & it is reasonably compact. MFC-J615W measures 7.1 x 15.4” x 14.8” and weighs 17.6 pounds.
This printer comes with an ADF that allows you to scan, copy, and fax multi-page documents. Besides, it is also equipped with a 3.3” widescreen color LCD. In addition, it features a 100-sheet paper tray, a little bit scanty for home-office use. However, it adds a 20-sheet tray that can hold 4×6 photo paper. This machine connects to a computer via a USB cable, or to a network via Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
Speed & Output Quality
MFC-J615W can print about 2.4 ppm. This is a typical speed for a multifunction printer at its price. Besides that, it also offers a typical text quality for an inkjet printer. The result is fine for most business uses or schoolwork. However, it is not great you who need documents that look professional, like a resume.
Brother MFC-J615W delivers a bit off graphics quality. Colors are under saturated so that the output looks slightly faded. Other issues include dithering and posterization. Graphics show significant banding. The output is fine for schoolwork/internal business use.
Photo quality is a touch below par. Then, colors are relatively pale. There’s some loss of details in brighter areas. Besides, a monochrome print shows an obvious tint. The photo quality is good enough for basic business tasks to print out images/web pages for internal use and to print out family photos or snapshots for casual distribution.
Considering the design, features, and speed & output quality described above, $129 is a reasonable price for this printer. It comes with a set of ample features as well as decent printing speed for a home office. It is also suitable for the dual role of home & home-office multifunction printer.
Text quality is nice. However, photos & graphics are below par. If you do not care about photo or graphics quality, Brother MFC-J615W is a good choice. For your home office, this can be a good long-term investment.
Brother MFC-J615W Printer Driver for Windows
Supported Operating System: Windows 11, Windows 10 (32-bit), Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit), Windows 8.1 (64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Brother MFC-J615W Full Driver & Software Package Download Download [117.28 MB]
Brother MFC-J615W Printer Driver for Mac OS
Supported Operating System: Mac OS 12, Mac OS 11, Mac OS 10.15 Catalina, Mac OS 10.14 Mojave, Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra, Mac OS 10.12 Sierra, Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite
- Brother iPrint&Scan Download for Mac OS 12 and Mac OS 11 Download [36.8 MB]
- Brother MFC-J615W Printer Driver & Software Package for Mac OS 10.15 Download [30.75 MB]
- Brother MFC-J615W Printer Driver & Software Package for Mac OS 10.14 Download [30.77 MB]
- Brother MFC-J615W Printer Driver & Software Package for Mac OS 10.13 and Mac OS 10.12 Download [30.98 MB]
- Brother MFC-J615W Scanner Driver for Mac OS 10.15 Download [2.28 MB]
- Brother MFC-J615W Scanner Driver for Mac OS 10.14 Download [293.09 MB]
- Brother MFC-J615W Scanner Driver for Mac OS 10.13 Download [293.00 MB]
- Brother MFC-J615W Scanner Driver for Mac OS 10.12 Download [293.07 MB]
Brother MFC-J615W Manual Download
File Format PDF