Brother MFC-490CW offers such a diverse choice of all-in-one printers for the home and home office market. Consider the Brother MFC-490CW. It boasts a wireless connection, a widescreen LCD, and the same print engine.
Almost all Brother all-in-ones have the same fundamental form a curved top surface with an integrated control panel in the front, and a low to the desk design. A 15-sheet ADF is built inside the flatbed scanners lid of the MFC-490CW.
Brother MFC-490CW design and build
Although the print engine is fairly common for all-in-ones in this price range of brother printers, the MFC-490CW uses standard-yield cartridges. All four cartridges come in high-yield versions that fit and work in the machine.
Brother MFC-490CW resembles any other Brother printer produced in the last several years in appearance. The printer features a tilting 3.3 display with fax controls on the left and copy and menu navigation controls on the right. Users can fax, copy, capture photographs, or scan using multiple settings using easy access buttons. An ink management button directs users to clean and replace ink cartridges.
Brother MFC-490CW has fax capabilities with a memory capacity of ‘up to 400 pages which increases capacity can be important if you receive a lot of faxes.
The control panel has a pretty standard arrangement, with a fax dialing pad on the left and function keys and menu navigation buttons on the right, as well as starts and stops buttons for copy and scan jobs. A widescreen, color LCD panel with a diagonal of 84mm sits in the middle. The widescreen allows you to examine both the menu and the picture thumbnails at the same time.
The Brother MFC-490CW’s biggest suit is its extensive connection, which includes Ethernet and USB ports hidden beneath the scanner cover. Wireless connectivity is also available, and it may be activated right from the device. You cannot, however, use both network interfaces at the same time.
The Brother MFC-490CW is designed with an automated document feeder. Besides, it is also adjustable for media card slots for SD, CompactFlash, and XD cards, and a capable USB connection.
Brother MFC-490CW with a front-facing 100-sheet paper input cassette and a separate 20-sheet picture paper tray, paper capacity is restricted but adequate for household use. The separate trays are useful for keeping different media sizes separate. The photo tray on the HP Photosmart D5460 isn’t motorized, thus it has to be put into place before use.
Brother MFC-490CW Printer Driver for Windows
Supported Operating System: Windows 11, Windows 10 (32-bit), Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit), Windows 8.1 (64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Brother MFC-490CW Full Driver & Software Package for Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 Download [43.82 MB]
- Brother MFC-490CW Full Driver & Software Package for Windows 7 Download [43.49 MB]
Brother MFC-490CW Printer Driver for Mac OS
Supported Operating System: Mac OS 12, Mac OS 11, Mac OS 10.15 Catalina, Mac OS 10.14 Mojave, Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra, Mac OS 10.12 Sierra, Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite
- Brother iPrint&Scan Download for Mac OS 12 and Mac OS 11 Download [30.75 MB]
- Brother MFC-490CW Printer Driver & Software Package for Mac OS X 10.15 Download [28.10 MB]
- Brother MFC-490CW Printer Driver & Software Package for Mac OS X 10.14 Download [28.11 MB]
- Brother MFC-490CW Printer Driver & Software Package for Mac OS X 10.13 and Mac OS X 10.12 Download [28.45 MB]
- Brother MFC-490CW Scanner Driver for Mac OS 12 Download [2.53 MB]
- Brother MFC-490CW Scanner Driver for Mac OS 11 Download [2.50 MB]
- Brother MFC-490CW Scanner Driver for Mac OS X 10.15 Download [2.28 MB]
- Brother MFC-490CW Scanner Driver for Mac OS X 10.14 Download [293.09 MB]
- Brother MFC-490CW Scanner Driver for Mac OS X 10.13 Download [293.00 MB]
- Brother MFC-490CW Scanner Driver for Mac OS X 10.12 Download [293.07 MB]
Brother MFC-490CW Manual Download
File Format PDF